Thursday, May 6, 2010

Internet Opiates Part Three


Internet Opiates Part Three

9. Attainable minds. I don’t mean specifically Attainable minds, I mean every similar conspiracy theory website, that can impart hours of entertainment. The vast majority of conspiracy theorists can be won over by a couple of official looking pie charts and some out of context information, and this blog and its following shows that. An honourable mention goes to Exit Mundie, I see EM as slightly more legitimate than your average conspiracy blog, it is a large collection of entertaining end of the world scenarios, it is scientific without being a slog (The best ones).


Official looking charts can say anything and still look convincing


10. Anything written by David Wong. David Wong is the Editor of Cracked.com, he is also the author of one of the funniest and best horror novels every written, “John Dies At The End” (I will talk about that book in another post sometime), Wong can construct this fear and foreboding in you, he is the only author I have ever read that is capable of summoning fear and laughter at the same time. His writings are insightful and witty. To this day Inside the Monkeysphere and ten things atheists can and must agree on remain among the best essays I have ever read.


11. Wikipedia. I love Wikipedia muchly. It is such a wonderfully interconnected multifaceted beast, I start off reading about Will Ferrell then twenty minutes later I am reading about sea gypsies, another hour and I am reading about string theory, another two hours and I am onto exploding sheep, and then when I am looking at list of renaissance art dealing with skunks on tricycles, I realize day has broken and I am going to be not at all well for school.


12. Free Republic. Calm down, and don’t flame, I am not a rabidly racist republican. I just find this site hilarious the level of cognitive dissidence and stupidity of these people, is definitely something worthy of gawking at. It is kept rather....retarded by the fact that the owner Jim Robinson bans anyone he disagrees with, so you get people with the same backwards views bouncing there racism off of each other to create an echo chamber of stupidity.


I know this makes me feel patriotic, nothing spells patriotism like an Eagle grinding its crotch against a flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment